Friday, January 4, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Boy does time sure fly by. What happen to the year 2007? Hope that you all had a very blessed Christmas. We had a great time away in Florida. The weather was unbelievable. Temperatures were in the hi 70's and got as high as 88. Thank goodness we packed a pair of shorts.

While we enjoyed our time away, all 4 kids were sick with fevers and colds from 12/23-12/26. Thankfully, Gabrielle was at the end of her cold when it came time for her practice and competition on Friday and Saturday. Her team came in 3rd place while she finished up 10th coming in 7th place on both beam and floor.

Hope-Elizabeth had a great time during her first ever trip to Magic Kingdom. December is a very busy time of year their. Disney ended up closing the park at around 12:30 on Christmas Day and giving free parking to Epcot with a shuttle ride back to MK. There was an estimated 800,000 people in attendance. All of the parks were crowded, so we didn't get to ride many rides but we did enjoy a couple of parades.

Most of the parks were crowded but we made the most of it which was good. It could have been a very stressful time. We picked up or nephew Jordan on the way down to FL and surprised all of the kids by presenting him with a ticket to Disney World. He had never been either. What a treat. I have to say, there were times when I didn't think that they enjoyed the parks early on but we made it through.

Made it back to MD on New Year's Eve and spent a quite evening at home with a few friends by bringing the New Year in with prayer. What a great way to spend the evening. Oh yea I almost forgot, my sister had her twins on 12/31/07. A boy, Davonte weighing in at 4lbs 11 oz and a little girl named Devon weighing 3lbs 13 oz. They are both healthy but will have to stay in the NICU for a few weeks but all in all they are fine and so is little sis. She should be home on Monday next week.


Today I celebrate what I can not believe is my 43rd birthday! Wow! All I can say is thank you God for allowing me to see another year. I look forward toa great year full of health, a closer walk with God and His presence as well as big changes in 2008 (new beginnings). I pray that you all as well as my family and children experience God's love in '08.

Check ya later!

No comments: