Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday - The BIG DAY!

GOTCHA DAY!!!!

So long from Beijing -

It is 4:30 am here in Beijing and we will be leaving for the airport at 5:30. I got up at 4:00 am with the wake-up call promptly so we would not be late for the airport. Yesterday, we got ready with only 45 minutes to spare because they do not have snooze buttons here :). This day is to important to miss.

Dominic and I attended the acrobatic show last night. It was amazing. My guess is that the girls perfoming, do not have spines in their backs LOL. The strength, balance and concentration was amazing. Frank stayed back at the hotel to change the money over and to rest. When we returned from the show, we found him dead asleep. I had to wake him after a while to pack. They pick your bags up outside the room to have them ready for the airport. Thankfully, we did not have to much to do. I was very tired and just wanted to go to sleep.

Dominic met a young guy (Jordon) here on the trip and they went on to the sauna for a little bit. Very relaxing he said. Jordon's dad had gallbladder surgery 3 weeks ago and on Thursday was not feeling well but made the trip any way. Saturday, he ended up going to the hospital in Beijing. We prayed for him to feel better. The tests were inconclusive so he was discharged. I think that he was to have some other tests done or go to another doc but he felt better so he will be able to join his wife and Jordon in their province to receive little Amy Joy. Praise the Lord! They think that the elbow to the side in Tokyo (10 inch cut) could have made his body respond in someway that made him not feel well. Anyway, thank God he is doing better. Please keep him in your prayers.

So far everyone is healthy and feeling good. A little tired but we're making it.

Our trip to the Great Wall was good. A little cold. I didn't go very far this time. The air was hard to breathe and I hurt my left leg below the knee so, I decided not to make the hike. Frank and Dominic made it to the 3rd tower. A little girl named Chloe (3) went pretty high. She only started to cry when her daddy said that it was time to come down. Chloe asks why and he says "daddy is scared". It was so cute. She had waited for this day for a very long time. She is from the same orphanage as Amelia in Anhui.

Well, signing off until we get to Anhui. The next post will be of Gotcha Day. Please pray for us and our first evening with Amelia. Thanks!

7 comments:

chavafor4 said...

Praying for your family. Cant wait to see your daughter! Jenne in OR Mom to 6 includd our cleft girl, home 12-08

Anonymous said...

As I read your posts I'm reliving our trip together in 2005. I remember when we sat in the conference room at the hotel finishing last minute paperwork just hours before receiving our girls. Frank commented to the group in awe of how we were all sitting in this room together and in moments our lives were to change forever. I remember and think on it now as what an amazing experience it was and is (for you right now!) to be brought together with all these families from around the country, only maybe knowing each other through the various yahoo groups and blogs, and then being witness to families forming and/or growing and getting the privilege of sharing that God ordained moment with these precious people.
Well, I'm rambling on what's not my blog :) but more than you can know, you're all in our thoughts and prayers, you, the Marones and the Nguyens (say hello to all of them for us), and all the families meeting their little ones for the first time today!

Much joy!
Karen-Maria

Teresa said...

Everyone looks wonderful and Hope you get rest b/c you will need it is just a few hours.

We are praying for you all and the Lord keeps you safe

Praise the Lord

Love Mom

"T" said...

Oh My so close now Djuna.

Kristi said...

I'll be checking in first thing when I get up! Can't wait to see you guys together!

The Vinyards said...

I can't wait to see the next post. I'm so excited for you guys!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Can't wait to see her!!! Hope and pray all is going well!