Saturday, January 10, 2009

What An Adventure


This evenings dinner was pretty interesting. Jordan from Oregan travelling with his parents was not afraid to eat anything. Oh my I thought I would die when he ate the head of a chicken. No, I am not kidding. He even picked meat out of it that he said was the brain. Sandy is convinced that it was not chicken but pidgeon.

I was done with dinner after that. All I ate was rice, potatoes and fried pork. That was enough for me.

A few of the kids from the group, Dominic included, will head off to the pool and sauna. Frank is already asleep and I will head off to bed soon as well.

Tomorrow morning we meet at 9:15 am to attend the International Church of Beijing (foreign passport holders only). I will give you an update from Sunday when we return from the hotel.

Hunter, Hope and Gabrielle we love and miss you guys. Take care of each other and be good for Pastor Chris and Alex.

2 comments:

P n E said...

What hotel are you staying at in Beijing? We're in the Adoptcleft group too and returned in late Sept. 08 with our daughter, Ava. Have a wonderful trip, we'll follow along and can't wait to see your new daughter.

Elizabeth in VA

BlessedMomof 5 said...

The hotel we stayed in on our last trip to Beijing had a full goat head with leaf lettuce hanging out of the mouth for garnish - Jacob wouldn't eat a thing but fried rice the whole time we stayed there :) Glad you made it safely and that you are having a good trip so far. We've been praying for you and are looking forward to getting up on Monday to some pictures of Ms. Mia!!
Melissa