Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Evaluation Day UPDATE!!!

God is good! I took the day off to meet with the folks from the Infant and Toddler Program. They came to the house at about 10:30 for what was suppose to be a 2.5 hour visit. They were done in 1.5 hours.

Amelia did very well with imitating and following directions. They were very impressed especially since she has only been home 3 months. Teaching her sign language was the best thing that I could have done. She is able to communicate very well in that way.

After the visit they said that she needed to see a speech therapist within 1 month. Of course I have only been working 5 weeks and hated to have to take another day off of work but would do it if I had to. Having said that, I told them that I would be willing to drive to their office that day if they could get me in to see the speech therapist.

Thirty minutes after they left, they told me that they had a 2 o'clock appointment. I swooped Amelia up and put her down for a quick nap. At 1:40, we were on our way. I am so thankful that God made a way for this to happen. He even worked it out so that the therapist will go to my sitter's house once a week for 30 minutes to work with Amelia. Can you beat that! This is great because they don't have evening appointments and I don't get home until 6:00 pm.

The therapist did really well with Amelia and she seemed to like her (Amelia) alot. I couldn't have asked for a better turnout and thank God for working in our lives. Amelia really needs speech and God provided this service for us and for that, I am grateful.

For those of you out there who have a child struggling with speech, know that God will work it out and change will come. Amelia is already making sounds and imitating what she learned yesterday. Be encouraged! Love to you all

1 comment:

"T" said...

Thanks for the update and Encouragement Djuna. Your such a great person and I amd so glad God hooked us up:)