Monday, April 20, 2009

Evaluation Day!

Today, Amelia will have a visit from the infant and toddler program in our county. They will evaluate her playtime and speech. Will let you know how that goes. Really the only concern we have is with her speech.

We are hoping to get her into a speech program. I tell you the yelping sound she makes to speak with us is getting really old. She is so smart, however not being able to talk is very frustrating for us all. But God will see us through. I will update you after the visit.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Can;t wait to hear an update!!! And we need more pics:)!!!! Love you girl!

"T" said...

Us too. I'm so glad to hear you say that. But your daughter has an excuse. Mine seems to understand almost everything I say except no talking and I am right there with ya on the frustration cause you think I know if they will just say one word right then maybe all the others will start clicking but I still get a lot of monkey and if you close her nose she can't say can barly say anything cause most of her noise comes from nose. Can't wait for the update on Mattis sister from Anqing.

Kooky said...

Djuana,
Matthew started that way, but started "talking" pretty quick after Gotcha. I pray the best on Amelia. I hope they can help her. I know matthew's speech therapy has helped him tremendously! Still some delays, but enormous strides! Amelia will be there in no time!! ;o)

Kristen